Sunday, May 2, 2010

April 26, 2010

First off.. I was going to go through and try to post everything from the beginning of the MTC to now.. but I decided it would take WAAAAAY to long and everyone would probably have WAAAAAY to much to read. SO. I am going to go ahead and post from now on. Every week we will be taking bits and pieces but get the jist of his emails.. Ill post that and then whatever pictures he sends a long with it! Anything from him will always be in RED.

Hey everyone!

Last week I had like 2 seconds to write cuz we were in guadalajara all day to sign my visa! This week my companion got made district leader so he had to go with other missionaries on thusday and viernes so I was with 2 other missionaries those days in my area and I had to know where to go and who to visit and how to take all the right busses and stuff hahaha our area is sooo huge! It takes 45 minutes in a bus to get from one side to the other hahah we never really got lost but when my comp came back on saturday I was way relieved.
We are teaching this way cool family of a dad, a mom, and their 14 year old daughter. His job is a violinist in a mariachi band! Way cool huh? He has this little guitar thats a mix between a ukelele and a guitar that he is going to sell me. Its one that they use in mariachi bands and it was made in Morelia its so cool! The family is way cool though they come to our english classes and said they were going to come to church this Sunday. Its way hard to get people ready for baptism because our area is so huge so for most people the chapel is like 20 or 30 minutes away.
My companions name is elder Barnes. Hes been out for about a year. Hes wayyy cool. Just he and I live in our house. Hes from Herriman.
A girl named Alexia is getting baptized this friday! She wanted to wait until the 30th cuz its day of the niƱos here haha I'm not exactly sure what that is but its a big deal I guess. Her mom wasnt active and shes coming back to church now but her dad isnt baptized and doesnt really want anything to do with the church. She's getting baptized this friday and she told me she wants me to baptize her, but im way nervous cause she has like 40 names hahahah so I´ll tell you how that goes in the next letter.
Oh mom! laundry works like this. Theres a lavanderia right by our house and its cheap and they have washing machines, so I wash all my clothes (all of them. together :/) in the washing machines and then we take them back to our house and hang everything out on our clothesline behind our house. it works pretty good!
After we email today we´re going to El Centro of Morelia to look at all the old churches and fountains and to go to the markets and stuff! I am way excited, I've heard its so cool. I think next pday we´re going to see some of those mayan pyramids. They´re like 20 minutes from our house. There are these little huts outside of our house across the street and they sell the best fruit EVER. Ohhh my heck and its way cheap so ive been eating tons of that and tacos from the stands. I love you guys and miss you tons! write me this week and I cant wait to talk to you next Monday.
Con amor,
Elder Tibbitts












1 comment:

  1. Yeah. I think he loves this place. people, food, even the laundry. I bet Jill will die when he comes home and hangs his clothes out side her house!!! He a great man.

    ReplyDelete